Thursday, June 30, 2005

UI must have a School of Education

Indonesia is not a learning country. We refuse to produce more qualified teachers. We changed the Schools of Education into Universities. Why? just the mere fact that school of education has no selling points. No one wants to join IKIP. I assume IKIP has given up its excellence and chosen to be a small fish in a big pond. Therefore, it is a right time and right thing for the University of Indonesia (UI) to build a School of Education.

Bandung Institute of Technology has passed this chance by building School of Business and Management. No big University is trying to pick up the ball and keeping it playing on the field.

I uttered this crazy idea, a few months ago in Dikmenjur mailing list (dikmenjur@yahoogroups.com). As one of the lecturers in UI, I feel that building a School of Education is part of setting higher standard to education in UI.

I feel injected with more power by hearing my good friend, Totok A. Soefijanto, is returning back to Indonesia forgood. Maybe this is also a right time and right thing to do for me to relive this crazy idea.

If you are with me, please comment and share me your ideas. Together we can make it happen.

Brgds,
Jaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home